Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Talk

I've been with this family for five years, but as of this fall I will be going to grad school full time. I decided this officially about two weeks ago, and my boss told me that she hadn't told the kids, and to respect that decision, I didn't talk about it. But then this morning I got an email from her saying "FYI, I'm starting to interview nannies this week. First one is tonight, could you tell the kids?"
SO. I worried and stressed for about an hour. And then I had the talk with them.
Me: So, I wanted to let you guys know that your mom is starting to look for a new sitter for you guys because I need to go back to school more seriously. I'll be with you ALL summer, but in the fall I won't be your sitter anymore.
(no response.)
Me: Do you guys have any questions or anything you want to share?
Potato: I'm okay with it. I thought you were going to leave when I was six, so this is borrowed time as far as I'm concerned.
Monkey: Why are your toenails red? Last week they were purple.

2 Reactions:

Anonymous said...

borrowed time, haha, outstanding.

also... i kind of want to slap "someone"

Ivy said...

Hilarious blog!!!

Post a Comment