Sunday, July 5, 2009

Camp field trip to Molly's house!

The kids love my apartment. I live in a teeny tiny one bedroom apartment in an "artsy" part of town. But even with the newest addition to their family (a baby golden retriever) I have one thing that conquers all: cats!
But on Thursday I had to take the two youngest out of the house, as we were getting in the cleaning lady's way. So what do you do on a rainy day with two kids and no spending money? Go check out the cats. I warned them on the way "My apartment is really dirty, so NO comments about it. I'm too busy and I can't afford a cleaning lady, so I'll only take you there if you promise to not make me feel bad about it."
Potato (the middlest): Okay Molly. We PROMISE. I don't even care if it's dirty. I just want to see your cats.
Monkey (the littlest): Yeah I just care about cats. (pause.) But molly?
Me: Yes?
Monkey: I don't understand. Why don't you just make your husband clean the place? Can't you just tell him you're tired and that's his job?
Me: Well, I think he gets tired too, and he really doesn't care if it's messy or not.
Potato: Well. I think he just says he doesn't care because he's lazy.
Monkey: Yeah. Or maybe he wants you to move out?

!?!

There are several reasons to not seek marital advice from children.

2 Reactions:

Vic said...

Hahahaha! Kids give the best advice don't they!?! And isn't it in a way sort of funny that we practically live at these people's houses... and yet they have no real connection to our houses except for the occasional field trip to pick up something or see something special (i.e. the cats!)?!

Vic said...

P.S. I love your kids nicknames!

Post a Comment