Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ohmygosh cute

Yesterday when I came in to work, Monkey was being mean to me (which is rare.) He was asking his mom to send me home and refusing to speak to me. Eventually he forgot and started warming up to me. But when I put him down for his nap, we read a story and then he wanted me to cuddle him. I asked him what was wrong and he said "I don't know. I'm just grumpy. And so sad."
"Sad about me leaving?"
"Mmm-hmm."
"You know we'll still be friends though, even when I'm not your babysitter, right?"
"BEST friends."
"Ok Money. BEST friends."
"Because you love me. And it's unconditional?"
"Sure."
"And Molly?"
"Yes Monkey?"
"You know that when I'm being mean to you, I'm still loving you. Right?"
"Of course."

1 Reactions:

Vic said...

It's true... love is unconditional! And kids make me realize that every day!

Post a Comment